After 27 years of closure, the Embassy of Vietnam in Norway was opened again in December 2009. During its operation, the Embassy not only contributes to fruitful friendship development and bilateral cooperation between the two countries but also greatly supports Vietnamese community living in Norway.
And since 1971 when Vietnam and Norway officially established diplomatic ties, the two countries have achieved many developments in a variety of aspects.
Vietnam Embassy functions
The Embassy of Vietnam in Norway plays the following roles:
– Act as representation of Vietnam Government in Norway
– Promote, support and develop Vietnam language and images in Norway as well as boost
cultural exchange with Norway
– Enhance bilateral relations between the two countries in multi-facet environment
– Monitor political, social, economic, defense and cultural issues in Norway and report to the
– Assist Vietnamese authorities/ officials/ delegations during their official visits to Norway
– Provide information to Vietnamese citizens in Norway and support them in emergency
– Ensure security for Vietnamese in Norway and their interests
– Proceed and consult about Vietnamese official documents such as passport, consular
registration, identity card, birth certificate… of Vietnamese citizens in Norway
– Assist foreigners in Norway and Norwegian who are interested in immigrating to Vietnam
– Proceed official legal documents for Norwegian citizens to enter Vietnam: tourist visa,
residence visa, study visa, etc.
The Embassy opens from Monday to Friday (except for public holidays of Vietnam and Norway)
Morning: from 9:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m
Afternoon: from 13:30 p.m to 18:00 p.m
For any inquiries/ information, you can reach the Vietnam Embassy by one of the following means:
Address: 21 St. Olavsgate, 0165 Oslo, Norway.
Post office address: Pb. 6635 St Olavsplass, 0130 Oslo, Norway.
Telephone: +47 – 2 – 2203 300. Consular services: +47 993 43 877
Fax: +47 – 2 – 2203 301
Email: [email protected]
Nearby embassies of Vietnam
Norwegian or people living in Norway can also go to nearby embassies of Vietnam, which are located in Copenhagen and Stockholm for consular service. See link below:
Vietnam embassy in Copenhagen, Sweden
Vietnam Embassy in Stockholm, Denmark
The Embassy of Vietnam provides a wide variety of services for both Vietnamese and foreigners, see CONSULAR SERVICES
Visa for Vietnam
See whether you need a visa for Vietnam or not: Vietnam visa exemption
See types of Vietnam visa and its requirements: Visa for Vietnam
Find airlines that fly to Vietnam
You can check out the list of airline carriers that have direct or indirect flights to Vietnam: Norway to Vietnam flights