Even though Vietnam online e-visa is applied and issued online, applicants must submit a form of application on the competent authority’s portal. Filling out this form is not a
real challenge, but it contains some points that people usually misunderstand
or make mistakes without attention. A lot of questions like “is Vietnam e-visa name the same as in my birth certificate?”, “Can I replace Vietnam e-visa temporary residential address by Vietnam e-visa permanent residential address?” are sent to us for advice. Therefore, we instruct step by step to complete that form herewith.
Prior to e-visa form completion
At the beginning step, you are required to take some actions leading to Vietnam e-visa application form page:
- Firstly, access the official website of Vietnam Immigration
Department at: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/home
- Then, click on “Electronic visa” button on the top.
- There are 3 types of applicants: Foreigners, Vietnamese Guaranteeing Organizations, International Airlines. You choose the “For Foreigners” option.
- You will be routed to a screen showing rough guidelines including 3 steps of submission. Just ensure that you read it thoroughly before checking the text box and go “Next” to the application form.
Guidelines to fill out Vietnam e-visa application form
Vietnam e-visa apply online form can be divided into 3 parts: Applicant’s personal information, travel information as well as visa request.
Personal details section:
- Images: The 2 pictures you need to upload include your Vietnam e-visa photo and passport data page. They must be in either jpg, jpeg or gif format and less than 2MB. For portrait photo, the picture has to comply with Vietnam visa photo requirement. Meanwhile the passport page picture needs to show full information.
- Vietnam e-visa full name: You must enter your full name with the same order as one in your passport. Please note that Vietnam e-visa name order is a common mistake that applicants make when they switch the sequence of last name and first name while the request is First name – Middle name – Last name.
- Sex: select either Male or Female
- Date of birth: type the date in DD/MM/YYYY format or choose from the available calendar. If there’s no exact date, you can tick on “Only year is known” next to it. However, the provided information must coincide with your date of birth in passport.
- Current nationality: You will choose 1 of 81 nationalities in the dropdown list eligible for Vietnam e-visa. And it is the nationality indicated in the passport you use to apply for the e-visa, too.
- Nationality at birth: This is optional. You can input if you have a different nationality when you were born.
- Vietnam e-visa religion: provide your actual religion or type “None”/ “No”/ “N/A” if there is no religion. You can’t leave it blank since Vietnam e-visa religion is a compulsory one.
- Vietnam e-visa occupation (optional): provide your current occupation or leave it blank
- Permanent residential address (optional): it’s up to you to either fill it out or ignore it.
- Phone number: it’s up to you to either fill it out or ignore it.
- Email: enter a valid email address. This email will be used to track your registration, so you’d better enter a frequently used one.
- Passport number: enter the exact number series on your passport.
- Type: select among Diplomatic, Official, Ordinary in the list.
- Expiry date: Select or type the expiry date as shown in your passport
Travel information section:
- Intended date of entry: enter the planned day you will arrive in Vietnam in DD/MM/YYYY format or select from the provided calendar.
- Intended length of stay in Vietnam: enter the number of days. It cannot be more than 30 days as Vietnam e-visa validity.
- Purpose of entry: select from the list your actual purpose of travel to Vietnam.
- Vietnam e-visa intended temporary residential address in Vietnam: this can be our booked hotel address, your relative/ friend home or any sponsored accommodation (Vietnam e-visa temporary residential address is the one in Vietnam, not permanent address in your home country).
- City/Province: choose the city/province where your above temporary address in Vietnam is located.
- Inviting/guaranteeing agency/organization (if any): If there’s any agency or company guarantee for your trip, you can provide its name and official address in Vietnam.
- Under 14 years old accompanying child(ren) included in your passport (if any): in case your children who are in your passport go with you to Vietnam, you need to enter their information including their full name, sex and date of birth, passport photo (Guidelines to take e-visa pictures for children).
Visa request section:
- Grant Evisa valid from: the default date the intended date of entry you provided above and “To” date is 30 days later. If your request is different, you can manually key in DD/MM/YYYY format.
- Allowed to entry through checkpoint: choose entry points among 33 eligible ports (airport, landport, seaport) in the list.
- Exit through checkpoint: choose entry points among 33 eligible ports (airport, landport, seaport) in the list. Both entry and exit points can’t be changed once your e-visa is issued; therefore, you must be sure that you are able to go through those checkpoints.
Finally, put a tick in the disclaimer box and enter the security code below. After you complete filling out all the fields, don’t forget to review carefully and ensure all provided information is correct. Otherwise, your Vietnam e-visa registration might be rejected by the Official.
Vietnam e-visa online application process is done when you successfully make payment online after submitting the form. The e-visa fee is $25/pax and must be paid by international debit or credit card. Then, the system returns to you a registration code which will be used to check your application status later.
Once you get Vietnam e-visa, you must print it out and carry along to Vietnam with your passport. There’s no further paper and fee required by local Customs Officials at the checkpoints.
The Vietnam e-visa form is easy to complete, isn’t it? We hope that the above-detailed guidelines can help your Vietnam e-visa online process done fast and smooth.