Photo is always a fundamental requirement for any visa type application. Even though e-visa for Vietnam is submitted online, you still need to have Vietnam e-visa photo in the form of digital file. And there are strict regulations on e-visa photos that every Vietnam e-visa applicant must follow in order to obtain permission to step in Vietnam. Vietnam e-visa picture requirements in compliance with local law will be shared in this article.
1. Format and quality of Vietnam e-visa photo
Since Vietnam e-visa picture is used to submit online, there are some differences compared to printed photos.
- Vietnam e-visa photo size: standard size of passport photo used in e-visa application is 4x6cm (equivalent to 2×2 inches).
- Vietnam e-visa image format: you can only upload your portrait photo saved in .jpg, .jpeg or .gif files. Pdf and png files are unacceptable.
- The file can’t be more than 2 MB in weight. If your picture is too heavy to upload, you must compress it by photo management programs.
- Only color picture is qualified, so don’t take black and white one.
- The photo should be identical and taken within the past 06 months.
- Filter is not allowed in the Vietnam e-visa passport photo.
- Background must be in white color and plain, there’s no texture or pattern on the background
- Although the maximum weight of the file is 2 MB, the photo still needs to be clear enough to see your full face and the upper part of your shoulders. Blurry picture may make your e-visa application rejected.
- Lighting is also important when it should be kept even to get rid of shadow on your face. It should not present any flash or glare that affects the photo quality.
2. The applicant’s expression and pose in Vietnam e-visa picture
Apart from the picture itself, your expression must comply with certain rules, too. Passport photos have different specifications from country to country and Vietnam has its own:
- You should keep your head straight and look directly to the camera with relaxing shoulders.
- Your facial expression keeps neutral and your mouth is closed. Smile is not encouraged in this situation.
- Your eyes must be visible and open with no dark glasses or tinted glasses, except for prescription ones.
- Your clothes should be formal. You’d better wear a collared shirt while avoid white color which can dim in the background.
- The outfit with the exception of religious attire should not be worn.
- Hat and similar head accessories that cover your head are not allowed, except for the case of religious customs.
- You should keep your hair neat. Long hair can be straight down but don’t let it block your face.
3. Vietnam e-visa photo for children
If your children accompany you on the trip, they will need a separate e-visa for themselves. Therefore, their Vietnam e-visa photo has to be taken as well. As we can anticipate, taking photos for babies, newborns and infants can be a little struggling. However, you can refer to some helpful guidelines below:
- The prior condition is that no one is allowed to appear in the photo except for your child. As it is difficult to keep them stay still, parents and siblings often sit or stand next to them in the picture frame. Please keep in mind that this would be one of the reasons for your child’s visa rejection.
- Their favorite objects like toys, pacifiers, milk bottles must be kept out of the picture.
- His/ her face must be clearly seen with open eyes.
- If possible, the minor should stand or sit up on a chair with a plain background behind him. In the case of newborn babies or toddlers, parents can lay the child on a white sheet to provide a solid background.
- The photo has to be taken in the last 6 months from the date of application submission.
- Quality and format of the photo must follow the rules as mentioned above for adults.
4. How to use Vietnam e-visa photo?
When you have the photo file, you can easily do your evisa application by following this Vietnam e-visa application guide.
The size and format must be in compliance with above Vietnam e-visa photo requirements, so you are able to go to the next page. Preparing for a digital e-visa photo takes little time. Nevertheless, you need to prepare some other documents and information, taking it in parallel with other things will shorten your application time. Furthermore, photos in compliance with Vietnam rules will save you from risks of rejection or result delay.
Although there are not too many specifications on how you need to look or pose in a Vietnam e-visa picture, it’s ideal to follow along with the rules by competent authority. Since after all, rejection of e-visa due to a photo will slow down your trip, cost extra money for a retake and cause frustration about application progress.