In this Vietnam E-visa guide, we have gone through 7 things that you need to know before applying for an e-visa to Vietnam. And you perhaps know that, to get an e-visa for Vietnam, the travelers need to start their application and payment and get the full electronic visa before departure for Vietnam. And below comes to the guidelines on how to get a Vietnam e-visa.
1. Preparation to get Vietnam e-visa
The process of Vietnam e-visa online application is easy and fast as long as you have these documents and items:
- A passport that is still valid in the time of visa submission and 6 months ahead
- A digital portrait photo in jpeg/ jpg/ gif format: white background, no glasses, bare head, no edit (More details about Vietnam e-visa photo: here)
- A soft copy of passport that shows all personal data (it must be in jpeg or jpg or gif format, pdf format is unacceptable)
- A credit or debit card to pay e-visa fee online
- A valid email address
Moreover, you need to define below information to fill out application:
- Temporary address while in Vietnam (it can be the address of booked hotel, relative’s home or any residence you will stay at)
- Intended entry and exit date
- Entry and exit points
2. In need of a Vietnam e-visa how to apply?
Here come the steps to get an e-visa for Vietnam:
2.1. Fill out online form
In order to process the application, you need to ensure the correct source of Vietnamese Immigration Department who is the only competent authority of e-visa issuance. All the procedure is implemented on that portal.
Step 1: Go to the link https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn , then choose electronic visa. You will be led to a general page of e-visa. After clicking on “For foreigners”, a page of instruction is shown on screen. 3 steps of filling out application form start here:
Step 2: Ensure that you read carefully the instructions before checking the disclaimer. Then, go “Next”
Step 3: Upload 2 photos as guided: 1 photo is your passport picture while the other is your personal data page or the second page of your passport
Step 4: Input information in all required fields which are marked star, the rest are optional. It means you can either fill them out or leave them blank. Compulsory fields are:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Current nationality
- Passport number
- Type of passport
- Expiry date
- Date of entry
- Intended length of stay
- Purpose of entry
- Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam – City/ Province
- Entry gate
- Exit gate
It is noted that the provided information must be correct and coincident with your passport information.
You should review your application again and submit. When it is submitted successfully, there’s a registration code on the screen which you need to take note for later status check.
2.2. Pay the e-visa fee
The Vietnam e-visa fee needs to be paid online right after you complete application submission. E-visa cost is $25 per pax and is paid by international credit or debit card (Mastercard, Visa, UnionPay). This step is so simple that you opt for the most convenient method for you. However, there’s a point to keep in mind that the fee will not be refunded if your application is denied because of any reasons.
2.3. Process application
The Vietnamese Immigration Department will process your application in 3 business days (except for public holidays). Yet, you are still advised to apply at least 7 days before departure day to Vietnam as sometimes the processing time may prolong due to huge applications, especially in peak seasons.
2.4. Receive Vietnam e-visa
The result is not notified through your email or mobile phone but the authorities grant Vietnam e-visa valid from Vietnam Immigration Department website. So as to check the status, you need to follow the steps:
- Go to the e-visa search menu on https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn
- Enter the information of: registration code which you noted after submission, provided email address, date of birth
- In case your application is approved, you print the released visa out into 2 copies and save it to your electronic device as a back-up version if the hard copy is missed.
Once you get Vietnam Evisa, just bring it along and show it to the Officials at the enter/ exit points when you arrive in or leave Vietnam.
Vietnam e-visa can be obtained easily anywhere with only an internet connection. In addition, it saves time that you would otherwise spend on visa submission at the Vietnam embassy or consulate or visa on arrival acquirement at the ports of entry into Vietnam. Hopefully the above instructions will ease your worry about paperwork for a visa and bring you a hassle-free trip to the country.